Areas of Emphasis
Business and Corporate
Corporation and Partnership Taxation
- Provides comprehensive advice to clients in structuring and administering all types of employee benefit plans.
- Provides guidance to clients on compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and applicable provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Assists clients with the design and implementation of defined benefit and defined contribution plans, employee stock ownership plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, welfare benefit plans, severance plans, and all types of incentive arrangements.
- Advises clients regarding employee benefit matters in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Advises clients of all sizes, including governmental employers and multiemployer plans.
- Represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor in connection with all aspects of their employee benefit programs, including with respect to audits and participation in various voluntary compliance correction programs.
- Consults with fiduciaries regarding compliance with their obligations under ERISA
- Admitted Colorado, 1972
- Founder of Denver Chapter of Western Pension Benefits Conference
Publications and Presentations
- Twenty-eight published articles on employee benefit matters
- Made over 100 speeches to various professional groups
- Taught dozens of professional education classes
- Juris Doctor, with honors, University of Texas School of Law, 1972
- Bachelor of Arts, Trinity University, 1969
Honors and Awards
- Ranked in Chambers USA - Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation Colorado
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers