Two Peachtree Pointe
1555 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Email this attorney
Areas of Emphasis
Labor and Employment
- Represents employers in every aspect of labor and employment law, including individual and class claims of race, gender, national origin, age, and disability discrimination and harassment claims, wage-and-hour cases, wrongful discharge, ERISA litigation, restrictive covenants, and traditional labor law.
- Advise clients on an array of personnel decisions, including hiring and firing strategies, leave requirements, independent contractor classification and employee exemption status, and litigation risk management.
- Drafted EEOC position statements in response to discrimination and retaliation charges and responded to agency requests for information.
- Performed large-scale FLSA audit to determine the risks of misclassification and evaluate the exempt or non-exempt status of highly technical and individualized positions.
- Assessed the enforceability of restrictive covenants, including covenants not to compete, solicit, and recruit; drafted and revised covenants to comply with Georgia's new Restrictive Covenant Act.
- Achieved favorable settlements in mediations involving discrimination and harassment claims.
- Wrote appellate briefs in connection with Eleventh Circuit appeal in an ERISA benefits-denial case.
- Worked on a 350-employee union organizing campaign that resulted in a majority voting "no."
- Admitted Georgia, 2009
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Labor & Employment Section of the American Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- Author, "Bringing an End to Warrantless Cell Phone Searches," 42 Ga. L. Rev. 1165 (2008)
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 2009
- Articles Editor, Georgia Law Review
- Bachelor of Arts, International Affairs, minor in Spanish, summa cum laude, University of Georgia, 2006
Honors and Awards
- Listed, Georia Trend's 2013 Legal Elite
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta's Volunteer of the Year, 2012